- They don’t like the taste
- They take too long or are difficult to prepare
Well kids, I’m “squashing” (Pun COMPLETELY intended) those excuses today. What if I told you, you can make your veggies taste like dessert! BUT be completely healthy AND have them ready in under 10 min.
Intrigued? I thought so.
This recipe is SO versatile, you could basically use almost any veggie with any seasoning. But, since I’m attempting to make your veggies taste amazing AND hopefully convert a few non-veggie lovers, I’ll just be showing you one way. But by all means, take this method and run with it.
Quick Roasted Veggies
- 2 Zucchini
- 1/4 Eggplant
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Small Butternut Squash
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil (yep that’s it. I know.)
- Sea Salt,Himalayan Salt, or Coconut Aminos (optional)
- Step 1: Turn Broiler to Hi
- Step 2: Foil & Spray a Cookie Sheet (I like Coconut Oil Cooking Spray from Trader Joes)*see below
- Step 3: Chop your veggies in equal sizes so they will all cook at the same rate. I will usually slice the zuchinni in rounds or 1/2 circles depending on how large it is. The Eggplant & Squash I find works best when you slice it into rounds and then quarter the slices. Just try to keep your thickness consistent.
- Step 4: Slightly spray your veggies with the cooking spray. Do NOT use the oil yet, that’s for later 🙂 Lightly season with Salt or Coconut Amino’s. I prefer the Coconut Amino’s, but to each his own 😉
- Step 5: Place in Broiler for 4-5 min. You want them to brown, but not burn and the difference between the two is literally 30 seconds. 🙂
- Step 6: Remove Tray, Flip Veggies, and place them back under the broiler for 3-ish minutes. Just watch the veggies for good color.
- Step 7: Once browned on both sides, quickly remove the veggies and place them in a Large plastic Freezer bag** with tsp of Coconut Oil and lots of Cinnamon. Give it a couple good shakes. Seal bag and give your veggies a good massage, they’ve had a rough week.
- Step 8: Mangia!
**IF you prefer not to use a Freezer bag you can also toss veggies, coconut oil and cinnamon in a large bowl. Still delicious, but you’re veggies won’t be quite as covered with the coconut oil.
So veggie lovers and veggie haters alike, hope this helps you get in and out of the kitchen fast AND add a little health to your “No Small Life.”
Until Next Time,
PS…What are your favorite methods for quick cooking veggies?