I don’t know about you, but Fall brings out my inner Nester. There’s something about cooler weather that makes me want to use phrases like “hunker down” and “cozy up.”
So apparently, Fall also makes me think I’m from the South.
Don’t you find it true though that there’s just a certain “home-y-ness” to fall? I don’t crave a DIY project so much in the Summer. I’d rather try and be outside as much as humanly possible.
Come Fall though? I am itching to redo ALL THE THINGS! Who’s with me?
Currently, on our home front we have a couple of larger scale projects that we’re saving for: A Bathroom that needs to be re-tiled and a Living Room that keeps saying “paint me, paint me.” So our main focus is on saving for those.
HOWEVER, in order to tame the DIY beast, sometimes you just need a “little” project, “a mini” DIY, an update so inexpensive you could practically just have breakfast (here are 6 GREAT ideas) for dinner one night and move that little savings into your “house” budget. I obviously don’t speak from experience or anything 😉
So here you are friends, let me help you tame your inner DIY beast this fall. I have 10 projects to get your wheels turning. 10 projects that, true to No Small Life form are: inexpensive (some are even FREE!) and simple! You can TOTALLY tackle (still holding onto the football references from this post 😉 ) these.
The space you call home should make you feel confident and joyful. Don’t ever let lack of funds cause you to become frustrated and feel small. With a few dollars and a little creativity you can easily make your space your own.
Here are your 10 projects! 6 from yours truly and 4 from the minds and homes of some creative genius bloggers 🙂
1. First up is brought to you by my first home DIY post ever. Check out this slightly embarassing hack I created for Free Entry Way Art. This post will always hold a special place for me. My love of DIY and design was actually birthed from a pretty painful place, the place where No Small Life was formed. So if you could use a little inspiration today, I think you’re really going to like this one.
2. While you’re thinking Entry Way, couldn’t you use a place to drop your keys and mail when you walk through the door? Thought So. Here is an Awesome $10 Solution: A DIY Pallet Table from Carrie over at Curb to Reverb. She draws on her walls with Sharpies. I think you’re really going to like her.
3. And before you leave the Entry Way and move onto the rest of your house, don’t you want to paint it? Don’t you want to paint it with Stripes…for $6.00? Thought So. Here is how to Redo your Entry Way for $6.00. Truly the Biggest Impact for the littlest cost to date.
4. Wallpaper is having a moment. A very loooonnngg moment to be exact, but wallpaper, it can be a pain. Here is a non-wallpaper way to do an AH-dorable patterned wall. How to do a Patterned Dot Wall by Taylor Made Creates will have your walls AND your wallet über happy.
5. Why should your home have all the fun when were talking DIY? I think it’s high time your shoes, you know, the ones sitting in the back of your closet that you never wear-I think they should come out and play…with Spray Paint. Here is how to Spray Paint your Shoes! My most Googled post EVER believe it or not.
6. Now before you put down that Spray Paint, you may want to consider making this table. After all, it’s FREE. So SO easy and will literally take you 5 minutes. Just think, in the time it takes you to check your instagram feed, you could’ve made a table. You’re impressive.
7. My first job was at my Grandpa’s Dry cleaners. While working there I discovered one of life’s little joys, people leave the weirdest stuff in their pockets! And now we can all capitalize on that little joy of life thanks to Kristyn over at Lil Luna. This Keep the Change Laundy Sign is both practical and decorative. And Bonus!…You can probably purchase everything you need by checking all the jeans pockets before you throw them in the washer 😉
8. I had the idea for this project at the birthplace of where many great projects have originated...Home Goods. Check out this post on How to make $5 Curtains in 5 Minutes using one very unlikely curtain candidate from Home Goods.
9. Gallery Walls. Gotta Love ’em. I have several in my home. They’re such a great wall to make an impact on a large wall without investing in a pricey piece of artwork. But you know what’s even better??? What if you could fill up a Gallery Wall for FREE using Printables!? Are you so excited right now ? Here are 26, yet you read that right Free Gallery Wall Printables from Little Gold Pixel. Your house is about to look so cute.
10. Lastly, I saved one of my favorite posts for you. And it’s not one of my favorites because it’s loaded with FREE ideas, or that I get to use lots of my favorite Spray Paint or even because I somehow managed to work the Lord of Creation and Red Lobster into the same sentence. It’s one of my favorites because I wholeheartedly believe in the message behind this post. SO, go ahead and give it a read oh, and learn all about How to Decorate your Home for FREE using what you Already Have. 😉
Maybe you don’t have the budget to do major reno’s or even a budget to do ANYTHING.
That’s Ok. You can still institute change and refresh your space. And you can do it for under $10.
So now the only question is which one are you going to tackle (there I go again) first?